By John R. Hammond
Read Online or Download A Preface to H G Wells (Preface Books) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Vladimir Nabokov held the original contrast of being probably the most very important writers of the 20th century in separate languages, Russian and English. recognized for his verbal mastery and impressive plots, Nabokov shaped a literary legacy that keeps to develop in value. This 2005 quantity bargains a concise and informative creation into the author's interesting inventive international.
Greater than part a century after its translation into English, Erich Auerbach's Mimesis is still a masterpiece of literary feedback. an excellent exhibit of erudition, wit, and knowledge, his exploration of the way nice eu writers from Homer to Virginia Woolf depicted truth has taught generations how one can learn Western literature.
First released in 2002. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
In her studying of detective fiction and passing narratives from the top of the 19th century ahead, Jinny Huh investigates anxieties approximately race and detection. Adopting an interdisciplinary and comparative technique, she examines the racial formations of African americans and Asian americans not just in detective fiction (from Sherlock Holmes and Charlie Chan to the works of Pauline Hopkins) but in addition in narratives situated on detection itself (such as Winnifred Eaton’s rhetoric of undetection in her jap romances).
- The Oxford English Literary History: Volume 10: The Modern Movement (1910-1940)
- Melancholy, Medicine and Religion in Early Modern England: Reading 'The Anatomy of Melancholy'
- Feminist Linguistics and Corpus Linguistics: A database of genderfair language use with non-human referents
- Burning the Flags of Extremism
- Atmosphere, Mood, Stimmung: On a Hidden Potential of Literature
- Literature of the Global Age: A Critical Study of Transcultural Narratives
Additional info for A Preface to H G Wells (Preface Books)
A Preface to H G Wells (Preface Books) by John R. Hammond